Secret Santa at home

Been a long time since the last update. Not much news… I was in Amsterdam (again) and in Brussels (again and again) with my cousin. I think Amsterdam has been better this second time but still it’s not one of my favourites cities to visit. Yet I have to admit that it was a new experience for me to sleep in a Christian hostel in the heart of the red light district. Also I discovered that Ms Black Widow does not make a good mix with my brain... but that’s a story to be told at another time and place.

Strange and highly contradictory signal near Dam Square (Amsterdam).

Well, this post will be about the Secret Santa I wanted to organise two weeks ago. The people from the international relations office of the FPN (Loes and Christiane) suggested to us to do a Secret Santa but there wasn’t enough people interested so I decide to secret-santa-300x168organise our own party with our closest buddies. Finally we were 7 people and, of course, the day before the party I knew more than I wanted to know about the other people’s “secret” partners. And after all the drama that an event like this brings the days before (insecurity, insomnia, stress…)… it finally was a success (except for a small misunderstanding and the premature death of a mug) and we all had a good time there. We did it at my home, I bought some Christmas decoration and Toni came with candy canes. I was the Secret Santa of Toni so I gave him a hanging photostrip with pictures of us and some notes. I also gave him a t-shirt and a special Disney princesses gift (as a fake present :P).

134255_1705503247526_1536376684_1728580_4446835_o

Cory was my Secret Santa and she gave me a beautiful hair clip with black feathers, an agenda for the year 2011 that she knew I loved and an infusion of dreamherb. Yes, dreams, it contains Calea and it is said to produce very vivid or even lucid dreams. It’s quite poetic to gift dreams :) Thank you Cory!

The other people received a wide range of presents: a naff skirt, a bottle opener ring, an incense-smoker dragon, a hanging star-lamp, photo frames and so on. Tomas also bring a couple of Ben&Jerrys ice creams and space cakes for the common enjoyment.

The next morning the living room was just an after Christmas chaos but I don’t care, it was the last big meeting with people that is about to leave Maastricht (as Cory or me) so it was worth it.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Raquel Ruyz. Con la tecnología de Blogger.

Más leídas

 

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Labels